17 YEARS OLD! Wow! This was the scene on October 22, 1991 just after she was born.
Look at that little bow mouth. She still has that mouth. It's so cute.

Bridget was our surprise baby. As in "Surprise you are 20 weeks pregnant!" Yeah that was a big surprise. She and Garrett are only 16 months apart. You would think I would be able to figure it out by the third baby but somehow it escaped me. She only weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. After Garrett's 9 lbs 9 ozs it felt like half the baby was missing. She may have been small but she was mighty with a strong will.(And a strong voice-always screaming) I tend to think she just decided she was going to be born when she wanted to whether we were expecting her or not. That is the way she has lived her life. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. As a toddler she was always climbing and moving. She never watched TV. She just couldn't sit still that long. She has a great work ethic. She is smart and gets good grades but she has those blond moments that we all love so much. The best thing is that she has a great testimony of the gospel and always wants to do the right thing even if it isn't popular. Bridget loves to be involved and doing. She has tried every sport available. If there was something to sign up for she signed. Here is a picture I ran across recently. I love how tiny she looks. It's worse if you could see the other players since they are twice her size. She was fearless.
I love this picture of her. This is her Kindergarten picture. Lydia is in Kindergarten. Everyone says they look alike so see what you think.
Look at that sweet face. She was my baby when we left California. And the baby of that first three that were so close in age. So Bridget always seems like my baby. I can't believe she is 17!
Look at that little bow mouth. She still has that mouth. It's so cute.
Bridget was our surprise baby. As in "Surprise you are 20 weeks pregnant!" Yeah that was a big surprise. She and Garrett are only 16 months apart. You would think I would be able to figure it out by the third baby but somehow it escaped me. She only weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. After Garrett's 9 lbs 9 ozs it felt like half the baby was missing. She may have been small but she was mighty with a strong will.(And a strong voice-always screaming) I tend to think she just decided she was going to be born when she wanted to whether we were expecting her or not. That is the way she has lived her life. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. As a toddler she was always climbing and moving. She never watched TV. She just couldn't sit still that long. She has a great work ethic. She is smart and gets good grades but she has those blond moments that we all love so much. The best thing is that she has a great testimony of the gospel and always wants to do the right thing even if it isn't popular. Bridget loves to be involved and doing. She has tried every sport available. If there was something to sign up for she signed. Here is a picture I ran across recently. I love how tiny she looks. It's worse if you could see the other players since they are twice her size. She was fearless.
I love this picture of her. This is her Kindergarten picture. Lydia is in Kindergarten. Everyone says they look alike so see what you think.
Look at that sweet face. She was my baby when we left California. And the baby of that first three that were so close in age. So Bridget always seems like my baby. I can't believe she is 17! She had a great birthday. It started with a phone call from a certain boy just after midnight. Then breakfast before school with another certain boy and a couple of friends. I brought donuts to seminary. When I got home there were two bouquets sitting on the front porch. One was from her sister, Samantha, the other from yet another certain boy from Boise. That night she went to dinner and dessert with friends. On Saturday she and I went on a shopping trip for her birthday to the Tri-Cities and then Dinner at the Olive Garden. We didn't get around to the family dinner (her choice- chefs salad and sushi) until Monday. Poor thing, I'm not sure she got enough attention.
5 comments:
Those pictures are so fun Cookie. I especially love your big dark and curly hair in the background of the one where you are holding her. I hope Bridget had a fun birthday!
SO Bridgey and Lydia look pretty similar, but not as much as I would have thought. The caramel popcorn was a hit, thank for the recipe, twice. Oops. Where are the halloween pics??
Hey Sarah it was the eighties, what can I say? You must feel right at home here since there are at least two pics of members of your family:)
Rach I am working on Halloween I'm just way behind. Glad the popcorn worked. You can thank Aunt Cindy, the caramel popcorn queen.
Those picture remind me I used to call her Mary Sunshine. She always woke up with a smile. When we visit or she was here, the first thing you saw in the morning was Bridget's face so happy to see someone else up with her. Yes, I do remember her boundless energy. Allie would always say, "I can't keep up, she goes WAY too fast!"
I think Lydia looks like Samantha but with Bridget's coloring.
Post a Comment