Saturday, November 1, 2008

All that Jazz

Okay so I am really behind again. A couple of weeks ago Dallin had his first band concert of the year. The past couple of years he has played the alto sax. When Garrett graduated I made Dallin switch to the tenor sax. Dallin put up a fight. But I didn't feel good about buying a new alto when we had a really nice tenor just sitting here. So he had to concede. Since then he has had a lot of compliments on his rockin sax! I will say it is pretty cool. It is black and gold and has some cool details. So it wasn't such a bad deal after all. Unfortunately a few weeks ago he dropped it and put a bad dent in it. It looked bad. I was worried that it wasn't fixable. But we sent it in and it came back looking great. You couldn't tell at all. Here he is at the concert.

He is also in the jazz band. This is my favorite part of the concerts. He goes to school an hour early three days a week so he can be in the jazz band. Last week he had a jazz concert with both middle schools and the high school. It was pretty jazzy. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: