Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween!

Well it all starts with carving the pumpkins. Lydia loves this part and just dove right in. She dug out hers and anyone else's that would let her. She had a very definite idea of what face she wanted and drew it herself. Sadly I forgot to take a picture of the finished products this year.
Elijah didn't want anything to do with that yucky stuff. Here is Todd trying to get him to stick his hands in there. It took a while, then he started with one seed at a time.
Pretty soon he was saying "Hey Mom, I'm not scared anymore."
After that, the kids went outside to put up the web and spider.
Dallin just liked to pretend he was Spiderman and was spinning the web himself.
On the day before Halloween we went to the trunk or treat at the high school put on by the Key Club. Since Bridget was involved we decided to check it out. And since I didn't get any real shots of them on Halloween this is what we got. Eli was Spiderman and Lydia was Tinkerbell. There was much anticipation by Eli for this Spiderman costume. He talked about it for months before Halloween. I made the mistake of telling him it was coming in the mail. Everyday he asked about 5 million times if the mailman brought it yet. I think the day it came may have been the happiest day of his life. Pretty much since he could stand upright he has truly believed he was a superhero. He started doing push ups when he was two. He is always bouncing off the walls and doing flips off the couch so to have an actual costume...well he was in heaven. I couldn't get the thing off of him. It has all the muscles and everything. The day that Lydia's costume came in the mail, Elijah looked in the box then put his head down and started to cry like his heart was broken. He said, "I wanted Lydia to be Mary Jane." He finally came to terms with it and told me on Halloween that he guessed that Spiderman could save Tinkerbell from the bad guys. Lydia also loves Halloween. She talks about it all year long. She changed her mind several times on what she wanted to be. The bast part of her costume was the wings. It's hard to tell but they have green lights that blink. They were a big hit.
Earlier in the day on Halloween Eli and I went to the Children's Museum. He saw his friend Bat Man there. These guys were born one day apart and love to play together.
Next we went to Lydia's class for the Halloween party. Somehow I ended up in charge of the party. And I try hard not to let that happen. I bought all the supplies and made all the sugar cookies and frosting. Here are the kids decorating their cookies.
We also went to the grocery store. Eli was disappointed that people just smiled at him and they weren't even scared. I had to remind him that he was the good spiderman. Then he reminded me that there was some BLACK on it.
Our neighborhood is very popular for trick or treaters. It is non-stop. People come from all over to our neighborhood. So every year I make a couple pots of soup and rolls and hot cocoa and have people over. It has gotten harder to do that since our ward's trunk or treat is on Halloween now. So this year I just made the food and invited in whoever came by afterward. Only a couple of families did but we had a fun night. Dallin had a couple friends over but they just stayed upstairs most of the night. Here's all the kids that were bouncing off the walls all night.

2 comments:

Walnut said...

i like Todd's apron. I have the same one but mine has little bunnies for the buttons

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Cookie your kids are adorable. Lydia looks so much like Bridget. That is so funny that Elijah did not want to get messy but Lydia was all about it. Looks like they all had fun though. And I bet all of those kids on your couch did too. Way to be a host!