Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Basketball Season

Well Basketball season is in full swing and, well, almost over. The Boys came in 1st place in Districts and are doing well in Regionals. The girls were #1 all year and ended up 3rd at Districts and are also doing well in Regionals. This makes for a fun cheer season for Bridget. We also have really enjoyed watching the games.
She loves being a flier and doing all the stunts and gymnastics. The more dangerous the better. That's pretty much been her motto her whole life. Who knew all those years of pulling her off the top of the fridge and every other precarious location she could get to would turn out to be so handy?
The cheerleaders put on a cheer camp for all the elementary kids. Lydia went to the camp but refused to perform at the game. She is completely unimpressed that her sister is a cheerleader. Means nothing to her.
Every week they take turns hosting a dinner. Here they are at our house before the game.
Here are some videos. One is of one of the dismounts they do and the other is of the dance they performed a few weeks ago. Bridget is in the front of the of the group on the right.
This week she is campaigning. She is running for office as the student body secretary. She has to give a speech in front of the whole school at the end of the week. Then everybody votes online. I don't know why that seems odd. I guess the way we did it (go in a booth and mark your choice on a piece of paper) is archaic. At least Bridget thinks so. She has been making posters and fliers and putting tags on candy to hand out. Garrett helped her with her speech and it turned out really cute.
Speaking of Garrett. He is still very much enjoying his college experience. Although he is not loving his job. He is taking surveys over the phone. He is thinking about getting a second job selling his blood. I am nervous about this one as he has gotten so skinny since being away at school. I don't think he has anything to give.
Samantha is now working at WalMart. She is working at getting back to school also. Not her favorite job either but we are all happy with what we can get in this economy.
Last night Dallin had a jazz band concert. Todd had a meeting and I was home with Lydia who was sick. Samantha was working and Bridget was cheering at a game. So poor Dallin was unsupported at the concert. But I got a text from an audience member telling me he rocked his solo. He was very nervous about it but it sounds like he did great and he was feeling pretty good when he got home.
Eli is now a big Sunbeam. No more nursery for us! I love his little sincere face when he tries to sing with me during singing time. He is loving it.

3 comments:

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

So fun! I love your updates. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Good luck to Bridget. Does she know where she wants to go to college yet?

Josh and Rach said...

Can we come over March 6th? We are having Anderson withdrawals. This is the weekend right before spring break for Josh so its a good break for him. Let me know if it isn't a good time for you guys though! I'm excited that Sammy will be there this time :)

Amy and Brad said...

The "audience member" has a picture of the solo for you, too! She just has to figure out how to get it from her camera to the computer!