My Sweetheart bought me flowers for Valentine's Day. I didn't get around to taking this picture until they were about a week old so they are a little droopy. The funny thing is, when I saw them on the front porch my first thought was that someone sent Bridget flowers. Todd never "sends" me flowers. He sometimes brings them to me but never has them delivered. When Samantha walked in the door and saw the flowers she immediately asked who sent Bridget flowers. I told her they weren't for Bridget. Then she wanted to know who they were for. I let her know they were for me. She said,"Who sent YOU flowers?" Hmmm...let's see..I wonder. The only person who didn't think they were for Bridget was Bridget.
The little kids loved giving Valentines to their friends and Lydia loved the party at school. On Friday night we went to the stake adult dance. We spent the night in the kitchen preparing and serving food. Which was just as fun for me as anything else. We poked our head out every once in a while to watch the old people cuttin' a rug on the dance floor...very entertaining. When we got home there was a card on our bed for us from Lydia. On the outside it said,"I Love Mom a Dad. She hasn't figured out and, she just writes a. On the inside it said, "I Love You?". Apparently she is learning about punctuation. Either that or she is having some ambivalent feelings. Either way it cracked me up.
The next day we had our annual Valentine's treasure hunt. I buy each child a small gift and make a treasure hunt for each one. Then they all have to run with each other to find the treasures. I have been doing this since they oldest kids were small. I didn't do it last year because of the circumstances and my mind wasn't on Valentines so the little kids didn't remember any treasure hunts. They LOVED it. It was so much fun to watch them.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun tradition. It is so hard when your kids start leaving home and you can't do all the fun things that brightened the family when they were all together. Enjoy these moments while they last.
Post a Comment