Last weekend was the first home football game. It was really fun to see Bridget in action. She had a great time. She is really enjoying this whole cheerleading thing. She is the smallest cheerleader (not by much, a lot of them are really small) so she gets to be the flyer. This is right up her alley. We also had a surprise visit from a boy she met at EFY (church camp). He is from Boise and he brought his mother and sister. She barely even got a chance to talk to him. By the time he got here she was getting ready to go to the game. Then she had to leave for the game 2 hours early and so I got to entertain them and we had dinner and they went to the game with us. They left after half time to go home. Then he got a $243.00 ticket on the way home. That was a very short and expensive trip.



Near the end of the game the cheerleaders throw out little footballs to the crowd. Dallin has always loved this part of the game. He has been trying to see how many footballs he can collect through the years. He thought he had an in this year. Unfortunately Bridget was thinking, "Little brother, what little brother?" He still got his football.

This is one of my favorite cheers.
This is homecoming week. So since Bridget is on the ASB (the student government) she is in charge of planning all the festivities. With that and being a cheerleader she has been very busy. At the assemblies she has to run back and forth from cheerleading to taking care of her ASB duties. At tomorrow's assembly she is in charge of announcing the homecoming court in some special way. She is the only person besides the ASB adviser that knows who is on the court. She is doing a very good job of keeping it a secret because she wont even tell me, her own mother! And I want to know! Her homecoming date and some other kids I know have been nominated and I want to know who made it and none of my coaxing and coersing has budged her. She is also in charge of the half time at the homecoming game. She is so busy right now but she likes it that way.
In other news, you can all speak to me again now that Ohio State has won it's last two games and USC got beat by an unranked team! HA! Take that! It happens.
2 comments:
That's my favorite cheer too. I'm glad they still do that. Bridget looks cute. Yay for homecoming week! I fully led Jared Johnson into the rope instead of the path I was supposed to at the homecoming assembly when I escorted him to the stage. Yeah in front of the whole school. With a spotlight on me. That was cool. I can pretty much bet that Bridget will do much better.
hi this is emily hobbs. we used to live in walla walla. this is a way cute blog. you should check out ours. just go to amber's and you can get there through that.
Post a Comment