Saturday, August 30, 2008
I have a disgusting eye
Last Sunday Eli was playing around climbing on the chair by the window when he fell and hit the edge of the window sill. Then came that piercing scream that lets you know there is serious pain. It was really sad. Lots of blood followed. It was hard to tell if it was just the outside of his eye or if his eye was bleeding too. It just wouldn't stop bleeding. Big long drips of blood kept pouring out. He kept saying that he needed to wipe his tears, not realizing they weren't tears. Finally he went and looked in the mirror. I was afraid if he saw it he might freak out. But when he saw it he just said "I have a disgusting eye. I can't go out with this disgusting eye." I am a little bit surprised that we haven't seen worse injuries than this from this one. He is a maniac. He loves to do front and back flips from the couch to the ottoman. Often he misses. It's always something. The other day I was saying how someone is a good boy. Eli starts yelling from the other room, "I'm a good boy! I'm a good boy!" We look over and he is standing on the very top of the wobbly plastic play kitchen with his face, neck and hands completely covered in blue marker.
This is the next day and it already looked a lot better. His eye got really black and blue but it has healed really fast and looks really good now.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH. These pictures are way too graphic for public posting. And I hope you don't force him out of the house, because that really IS disgusting. How embarrassing.
I want to come visit just so I can witness some of the hilarious stuff this kid does! haha. I love it. I will be inviting ourselves over soon, so be prepared.
Post a Comment