The boys went on a Scout trip to the Dworshak Dam and Reservoir. This is a really boring post because I have no PICTURES! This is what happens when you leave it up to the boys to document our life. Although there are some in existence that others took but I have seen them and you just might be better off, dear reader, having not had that experience. You see many of them include Garrett in a Speedo. Which of course you know is very nearly naked! I'm sorry to all those who had to witness it first hand. Otherwise it seems they had a great time. This was Garrett's last trip as a youth. Todd went up half way through the week. Dallin earned the water skiing badge. Which I thought was pretty good since he had never water skied before. You have to cross the wake 4 times on each side. It doesn't count if you cross 5 times on one side and 3 times on the other. You also have to dodge something that they throw out of the boat. We are really lucky because we have a really strong scouting program in our ward. Every scout trip has a strong spiritual aspect. Something I hope my boys take with them as they become scout leaders. One scary thing, Dallin came home with a major rope burn on the side of his neck and under his chin. Kinda like his head almost got chopped off while they were tubing. When I saw some of the pictures where they were all jumping on top of each other while tubing I thought it was a good thing I wasn't there.
This was the same week that Bridget was gone for EFY so I had some alone time with the little ones. This was surprisingly fun and relaxing. I thought it might be rough with out the help of the older kids but it was so peaceful and we got to hang out at the pool and eat NickDonalds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment