
Eighteen! An official adult yet still a teenager. After the last weekend being all Garrett all the time. The next was Garrett's Birthday. Good thing he had to share it with Father's Day just to keep him grounded. Garrett was born June 15th 1990. He was my biggest baby (9lbs 9 oz) and the quickest labor. He was five days late which was a relief after the last one ( two weeks and induced). I woke up at just after 2am with a strong contraction. Ten minutes later another one. Five minutes later another one. From then on two minutes apart. I just got up and did some things to see what was happening. After being induced with Samantha I wasn't sure what to expect. In any case since her labor was so long I was sure I had plenty of time. I woke up Todd and leisurely got ready to go. We took Samantha next door to Grandma and Grandpa Roskelley and drove very slowly to the hospital. We were thinking we would be very embarrassed if they sent us home. By the time we got there I was having trouble getting the gown on I was in so much pain. By the time they checked me I was in transition. I was not in my room very long and the doctor barely made it before Garrett was born at 6:16 am. Four hours from first pain to baby. Garrett is squished between two intense girls. (I had all three in three years and three months). How is it that he is the most laid back kid in town? Garrett likes people and can get along with just about anyone. He has a great sense of humor, loves music and film making. He has a great sense of who he is, he doesn't need to be the center of attention but people are drawn to him. He is not afraid to pull someone up when they are down. He is very compassionate. (Although this can be hard to believe when he is driving you crazy just for fun.) He has high standards yet he is still "cool". He has a great testimony and is a wonderful mentor for his younger brothers (who idolize him). I love the person he has become. It's amazing to watch the growth and at this time of life. When it's time to let your kids go you have to wonder, did I teach him everything he needs to know? Is he ready? Did I do everything I wanted to with him before he goes? But I know he is going to be fine. I'm just not sure I will. He will be missed around here.
Anyway, enough mush, he had a fun birthday beside the fact that he had to spend that day , and the two days previous, learning how to be a lifeguard. The good news is he is now a certified lifeguard! He works for the city lifeguarding and does farm work on the side when he has time. He got some clothes and stuff and a gift card to Best Buy for some cool stuff to go with his new lap top he is getting for school.
I know this is really late but it is summer and school is out and computer time is scarce.


No comments:
Post a Comment