Here they are, the pictures you have been waiting for...PROM!
Yes, this is our baby all grown up and goin to prom. They both looked pretty gorgeous. They are a handsome couple if I do say so myself. Bridget asked a lady in the ward to do her hair and it turned out beautiful.
Her dress fit her perfectly. We bought that dress on sale last summer in Idaho Falls when we went to pick up Samantha from school. I'm so glad it still fit so well.

Here she is laughing at Landin trying to do his serious pose. She couldn't keep a straight face for the serious shot. I just thought this was a cute picture of her.
Since Bridget is a Sophmore, the only way she could go to prom is if a Junior or Senior asked her. Lucky for her Landin is a Senior. He will be turning 19 in October the same week that Bridget will turn 17. He has turned down some athletic scholarships because he is planning on a mission come fall.
Here is Garrett feeling mighty fine. He has been striking a lot of model poses since he got this new suit. Instead of renting a tux he wanted me to buy him a new suit. He found one on EBay that he liked. So we said if it would work for his mission we would buy it. Well it is supposed to be an Italian suit but it arrived from Israel. So I don't know what to think of that. But much to our dismay it is a little too fashionable for a mission. A little too trim fitting and very tight at the bottom of the pants. He also wanted a vest so we bought a striped one at Macy's. He loves, loves, loves it. And of course he thinks the shoes make the outfit. They were even more funky than we thought. We also got those on EBay and when they came we noticed they were very long and pointy and kinda curve up at the toe. The really weird thing is that when we opened the box they were in individual cloth bags. Well those bags have a very strong odor. I can't really describe it. Even when he is wearing the shoes away from the house just walking past his room can knock you over with the smell. Lydia describes it like this, "Mom, Garrett's clown shoes smell disgusting. They make his whole room stink." Out of the mouth of babes.
Here he is with Julia at her house in front of her dogwood tree. We didn't get tons of pictures of them because Garrett's Youth in Government trip was behind schedule and he didn't get home until 7 p.m. Ethan and his date were already at the restaurant waiting for him for quite awhile when we got to Julia's house to take pictures. That's the funny thing. I had been helping Bridget get ready for prom since about 12:00 p.m. and Garrett runs in the door two hours after she had already left and is ready in about 15-20 minutes.
Garrett and Julia have been dating for about a year and a
half now. Julia is also a Senior and is planning on attending Western Washington University in Bellingham next year.
Here she is laughing at Landin trying to do his serious pose. She couldn't keep a straight face for the serious shot. I just thought this was a cute picture of her.
Since Bridget is a Sophmore, the only way she could go to prom is if a Junior or Senior asked her. Lucky for her Landin is a Senior. He will be turning 19 in October the same week that Bridget will turn 17. He has turned down some athletic scholarships because he is planning on a mission come fall.
Here he is with Julia at her house in front of her dogwood tree. We didn't get tons of pictures of them because Garrett's Youth in Government trip was behind schedule and he didn't get home until 7 p.m. Ethan and his date were already at the restaurant waiting for him for quite awhile when we got to Julia's house to take pictures. That's the funny thing. I had been helping Bridget get ready for prom since about 12:00 p.m. and Garrett runs in the door two hours after she had already left and is ready in about 15-20 minutes.
Garrett and Julia have been dating for about a year and a

I know I know this is the question you all have had on your minds. Did the shoe fit the cankle I mean princess..........................Yes! Luckily the swelling was down enough and the dark purple stuff was hidden by the straps. The rest of her foot is still a light purple
and a little cankle-ish but her dress was long and hid it.
4 comments:
Bridget you look GORGEOUS! I can't believe you are already going to prom...this is nutty!
Garrett is weird. That's all I have to say about that.
But Julia also looks very pretty.
Everybody looked great! Fun!
Amber gave us a detailed description of Bridget's dress at dinner Sunday night. Those Beehives love the 'big girls' prom dresses. And we moms love the 'big girls' who wear modest ones for our daughters to see - thanks, Bridget!
Do I see REAL chairs in the back of Garrett's picture??! Wow, they are a big upgrade from the ones I saw last time. Love Bridget's dress, but I'm still not sure what I think about Garrett's shoes...
Yes Rachel we have graduated to the ranks of real people with real funiture! The outdoor furniture is now otdoors! WOO! HOO! It only took us 20 years. You need to come see on your way through Washington. We will even feed you a real meal on our real table.
Post a Comment