Thursday, May 22, 2008

Go Blue!

Well Bridget tried out for cheerleader and as you can see she made it! She and her friend Shaylee tried out together and luckily they both made it. There were a lot of girls who tried out and their tryout time was not until 8:30 pm. At 9:00 pm they went back and found out who was on the team when they put up this banner. It was very exciting to see their names but sad for the girls around them who didn't make it. You may think it was easy because we live in a small town - must be a small school. But that is not true. This high school is one of the larger ones in the state with almost 2000 students. So they are feeling pretty good about this accomplishment. After they found out, they went to Dairy Queen and since it was about to close they came here with Shaylee's mom and aunt and we all reveled in their success. When they left we noticed this sign outside the door. The cheerleaders from this year brought a sign to each of their houses to congratulate them. Unfortunately when Shaylee got home she found a sign with the wrong name! Bummer. Today at school the cheerleaders gave each new cheerleader a bunch of goodies including blue and white hair ribbons with sparkly writing and candy and a big blue star helium balloon some other stuff that I can't remember and a crown for them to wear all day. (Bridget ditched that right away.) I can't say I don't have some reservations about this whole thing, but Bridget has been dreaming of doing this most of her life. She worked really hard for try outs and so I am happy she gets to try it out and see how it feels. Lydia has been making Congratulations posters for Bridget all day. CONGRATULATIONS BRIDGET! --One sad thing is that she can't play soccer, which she loves, this year for the first time since she was six years old. She was so excited this year when she was moved up to the varsity team. Oh well, I guess that will be the first of many sacrifices next year.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amy and Brad said...

Congratulations, Bridget!!

PS - I'm not surprised Lydia is making Bridget multiple posters. She does have a 'heart of goodness' you know.

PPS - I think the 'heart of goodness' art work needs a post, by the way.

Amy and Brad said...

One more thing...sorry. You have such an eye for photography! That first picture of the poster at school is just phenomenal!

samwise_2 said...

Yay bridgie-poo! I was real excited when I heard. You're just proving your sexiness even further, cause everyone knows that cheerleaders are the sexiest.